Where is the Discrete Story Analysis Useful?
- Sales Reporting - better understand drivers of your KPIs
- Data Discovery - quickly identify and understand outliers
- Audit - identify trends not easily observable in the visual
- Geographical - instantly uncover complex utilization insights
- Relationships - identify and call out key relationships between sales & profit
With a discrete story type, a user is trying to compare values and understand the distribution of their data. The narrative analysis adds distribution and groupings/clusters across the data.
Contribution analysis for multi-dimensional narratives.
Example of analytic types found in a Discrete Story:
Discrete Story Requirements
Qlik has support for the following scenarios of discrete analysis:
- Single dimension with between one and 10 measures
- Two dimensions and one measure