Modified on: Wed, May 13, 2020 at 8:55 AM
- Server procured per hardware/OS requirements
- RHEL 7 or CentOS 7
- At least 25GB free (unutilized) space in the /var directory
- License file received from Narrative Science (it will be filetype .rli)
- Optional: trusted SSL certificate (although you can do the initial installation without one, and we will generate a self-signed certificate to install with)
- On the server you’re requested, execute these commands to pull down the install bash script and then to execute the install:
- Follow the prompts to enter the server’s IP address (if it’s not automatically detected), and whether the server will sit behind a proxy to access the internet
- Once the images are pulled down and the install bash script completes, open your browser and enter in the URL provided (e.g. http://10.64.46.60:8800)
- In your browser, follow the prompts to generate a self-signed certificate.
- Enter in the hostname of your machine. You also have the opportunity to upload a custom SSL certificate if you wish. You can instead opt to continue with the self-signed certificate that was already generated.
- Now upload the license file you received from Narrative Science (it ends in .rli)
- You now have the option to secure the Admin Console to ensure only trusted parties can log-in. We recommend proceeding with a password (do not proceed with no password protection), and you can later integrate your LDAP more deeply into this Console.
- Preflight Checks will now run to ensure your server is ready, per the preinstallation requirements. Please heed the actions for any warning or failed checks. If everything looks good, click Continue.
- You’ll be brought to the Settings page, where you can edit the Hostname you entered previously, along with any other configuration values you may need. Click Save to continue.
- You’re then brought to the main Dashboard, where the services are being installed (top-left tile).
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.